Most people I know, like to drink sweet tea during the hot, summer months. However, there are a few of us who like Iced coffee as a summer refresher instead. Now I do drink sweet tea as well, but there really is nothing like a glass of ice cold French Vanilla coffee, blended or just over ice. Oh, yeah. . . . .and don't forget the WHIPPED CREAM! :> )Many coffee shops and restaurants use yesterday's leftover coffee that is simply chilled and poured over ice cubes. When coffee is left to stand and cool down slowly, its aromatics are lost and it becomes flat and bitter, unlike iced tea. Hmm.....that doesn't sound like something I want to drink!
To make a great tasting glass of iced coffee, you need to take the same care as you would with hot coffee. Don't try to use yesterday's leftovers for your iced coffee, but brew it as a delicious drink all its own.
There are two very easy methods of preparing iced coffee that I have found:
Iced Coffee over Ice Cubes
* Brew extra strength coffee using 1 tablespoon to 4 oz. of water
* Pour over ice cubes
* Add sugar or cream if desired (I use flavored creamer)
Iced Coffee with Ice Coffee Cubes
* Brew regular strength coffee and freeze it in ice cube trays
* Fill glasses with the coffee cubes and pour regular strength coffee over them
* Add sugar or cream if desired
NOTE: The extra strength coffee is important so that when the iced melts it does not dilute the coffee.
Ok, now for some HOT coffee recipes. . . . . . . .
Mocha Cinnamon Shake
1 cup brewed gourmet coffee at room temperature
1 cup chocolate ice cream
1 cup milk
1 cup crushed ice
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine the gourmet coffee, ice cream, milk and crushed ice in a blender. Blend it until it is all combined and serve. Pour into two mugs and add cinnamon sticks. Makes 2 servings
Mexican Coffee
1 ½ cups double strength hot gourmet coffee (use 4 tablespoons coffee to 12 oz. of water)
¾ teaspoons cinnamon
4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup heavy cream
1 table spoon sugar
Combine cream, nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon then whip. Using four demitasse cups, put 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup in each. Stir the remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon into the the hot gourmet coffee. Pour the coffee in the cups and stir. Top with spiced whipped cream. Makes 4 servings.
Coffee Breakfast Drink
1 tablespoon instant espresso or instant coffee
2 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of protein powder
1 teaspoon of honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the milk, instant espresso or coffee, protein powder, vanilla and honey in an electric blender until uniform. Serve in tall glasses. Makes 2 servings.
Coffee Frappe
1 tablespoon instant espresso
3-5 ice cubes
½ cup of cold water
¼ cup of milk
3 teaspoons maple syrup
Combine in an electric blender the cold water and instant espresso at a high speed until a frothy consistency is achieved. Pour into a glass with ice cubes then stir in the maple syrup to your taste. Makes 1 serving.
ENJOY!








5 comments:
Even though I am not a coffee drinker the receipes look good Laura. Blessings.
I like the recipes for the Coffee Breakfast Drink and the Coffee Frappe. I do love my coffee. I do drink teas also but my coffee is my favorite. My Aunt started me out with it in my baby bottle. Some say that's why I'm so short. :)
I just say that's the way God made me.
God Bless,
Christina
ps, love your music on here.
I am not one for cold coffee, but the hot coffee drinks sound very good, I may try them, hugs Barbara
I had no idea restaurants used leftover coffee for iced coffee drinks--yuck!
Thanks for taking the time to share these recipes!
Happy 4th,
Jen
Hmmmm....love coffee! Especially these kinds of recipes. Thank you!
Post a Comment