"Life in Christ -- Good to the last drop!"

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gimme a Break!


“Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Mark 6:31

"Gimme a break" has been a popular phrase in American culture for more than two decades now. And the fact is that now, more than ever, we NEED a break! This morning while I was having my Coffee with God, I was thinking about all of the things I need to do today. WOW....how am I EVER going to get all of it done. Between taking care of the kids, doing school, washing and hanging out the laundry, dishes, mowing the yard, weeding the garden, planting the vegetables, and everything else I have to do today, where am I going to find the time? Will I ever have time for a break?

How many of you have those days that just do NOT go as we planned? I am so raising my hands on this one! lol Problems emerge and demand solutions. Questions arise and require answers. Situations shift and we must adjust. New opportunities come our way and we find ourselves making tough decisions. Conflicts erupt and we must settle them. Few days go as smoothly as we would like them to.

In the midst of the chaos we CAN take a momentary break. No matter how frantic the schedule or desperate the situation, we CAN turn to God's Word for strength and wisdom. There is simply no better break than one that pulls us away from trouble and draws us closer to The Answer, the Lord Jesus Christ.

He alone can give us the truth, the courage we need to stick to our responsibilities and get back on track if we have erred, peace that passes our understanding, and a new perspective marked by faith, hope, and love. He alone can provide a powerful word for our hearts that speaks to whatever we are facing.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, For in the LORD, is everlasting strength!" Isaiah 26:3-4

No one can "give" you a break today, but you can give yourself one. In the middle of your day, or whenever you feel you need one, give yourself the best gift possible.....a "Coffee Break With God!"

Have a glorious, Spirit filled day!

No comments: