"If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another!"
~ 1 John 1:7 ~
WOW......I really can't believe I have not posted here since January. Where does the time go? Things here have been busy, as I am sure that goes for you all as well. Life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes, doesn't it? Some of those time are not what we have wanted nor what we had expected, but PRAISE THE LORD, good or bad, He gets us through them!
I have been trying to make going for a walk part of my daily routine, to get myself back into a healthy physical state, which I know will get my mind back to where it needs to be. I really would love My Skippy Man to go with me, but he gets up between 2:30 - 3:00 every morning for work and by the time he gets home he is just EXHAUSTED and will normally fall asleep on the couch after taking his shoes off.....poor guy.
Anyway, I was reading from a book that a precious friend gave me, "Soul Retreats for Couples" and came upon this little meditation/devotional that I really feel I need to share with you. Each entry has three sections to it: A Moment to Pause, A Moment to Reflect, and A Moment to Refresh. Today's is titled....
Side by Side
A Moment to Pause ~ Plan a walk today, perhaps in the early morning when the air is fresh and the sun is just beginning to make an appearance. It's fun to be together first thing before the demands of the day start. Evening is also a good time to walk, just before dusk, as the brilliant colors of the sunset decorate the sky. Take the opportunity to set aside the busyness of the day and reestablish the special rhythm of your life together as you walk.Purposefully strolling along a quiet street, a wooded trail, or even a sandy beach can provide an opportunity for relaxed conversation, renew you mentally and spiritually, and give you healthy exercise.
As you walk, make a game of it. Notice your footsteps. Who walks faster? Whose steps are longer? Do your arms swing in unison? Do you hold hands? Listen to the rhythm of your breathing, separately and together. Notice how each of you responds to obstacles in the path. think about how God caused your steps to cross and how He brought you both together to pursue His purposes.
Most of all, enjoy the physical connectedness of walking side by side, being one unit, each of you complementing and fulfilling the other.
A Moment to Reflect ~ God sees you and loves each of you as individuals, and He loves you as a couple Your walk with each other represents your commitment to love and support each other, your commitment to walk together through the ups and downs of life. At a word from you, God walks alongside.
God will teach you to walk in harmony with each other by giving you an appreciation for your differences and similarities, and He will provide you with wisdom and counsel as you come across obstacles in life's path that threaten to cause you to stumble.
Walk quietly--
And know that He is God.
Let your life be governed by His guiding hand
E'en though it varies from the way you planned,
Bow your head in sweet submission and
Walk quietly--
~~
Author Unknown
A Moment to Refresh
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 NIV
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 NIV
"He who walks with the wise grows wise." Proverbs 13:20 NIV
"Give me understanding, and I will keep Your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statues and not toward selfish gain." Psalm 119:34-36
"The Lord gies wisdon, and from His mouth come knowledge and undestanding." Proverbs 2:6 NIV
"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You, who walk in the light of Your presence,
O Lord." Psalm 89:15 NIV
"Live in harmony with one another." 1 Peter 3:8 NIV
"Walk in all the way that the Lord your God hs commanded you." Deuteronomy 5:33 NIV
GOD BLESS!!







1 comment:
I love walks with my husband. We have been walking/jogging five miles around the track at the high school on weekends.
He sometimes has problems with cramps and he will say, "Go ahead and jog if you want'; I don't want to hold you back."
I always tell him that the whole point of it is to be together...that is what I enjoy - I don't want to go ahead of him.
Walking is my favorite exercise.
Happy trails to you!
♥Hope
Post a Comment